About the Company
Located in North Queensland, our client is a globally recognised organisation that supports the operation of logistics, resources and energy infrastructure.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Mine Operations, you will be responsible for leading the technical services function and providing knowledge and services to the mine site, including mine planning and scheduling, geology, survey, environmental and coal quality. You will also be responsible for ensuring optimisation of mine resources and delivering technical day to day running of the operation.
- Overall responsibility for mine engineering and development;
- Developing and optimising mine designs, production procedures and systems, mine production planning and scheduling;
- Optimising productivity using new innovations in engineering and technology;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop solutions to technical problems encountered during the project;
- Long-term planning and budgeting for equipment and facility requirements;
- Ensuring the mine operates with strict adherence to company policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- Leading and developing the Mining Engineering team through coaching and mentoring.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- 10 years’ experience in open cut mine planning, design and operation;
- Proven management experience leading a team of technical professionals;
- Able to develop planning strategies, identify, escalate potential risks and mitigating actions.
- Senior level experience in Greenfield coal mine development;
- Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiation and influencing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and policies for Australia Coal Operations;
- Ability to travel frequently to Central Queensland.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package, a flexible FIFO/DIDO roster and a unique opportunity to be involved in a new mining operation.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE