Our client is based in Labrador City and is the leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Site General Services you will be responsible for the Processing Operations Electrical team in providing safe and reliable electrical equipment and services to the pellet plant and concentrator so that Processing Operations can safely deliver on our production goals. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a strong demonstration in leadership skills, maintenance experience in an industrial or mining environment and be an exceptional communicator.
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership in the implementation of HSE systems and ensure policies, procedures and standards are followed and measures are taken to correct non-compliance;
- Provide effective leadership to the Processing Operations Electrical team by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, coaching, development and establishing effective team processes;
- Develop and manage departmental budgets and operating plans to minimize cost while achieving goals for production, availability, reliability, costs and capital plans;
- Clearly communicate current and future operating strategies to ensure the team understands their role in the organization and how the decisions they make impact both upstream and downstream processes;
- Drive initiatives to improve and establish a standard of housekeeping that reflects company values;
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement through effective participation in the capital planning process;
- Participate in the Electrical committee for the generation of electrical standards and systems;
- Demonstrate technical expertise and, in collaboration with the team, identify issues which result in repetitive production interruptions;
- Provide input into the modernization and automation plan and assist in developing long-term goals;
- Balance maintenance and production requirements and work to achieve them by understanding risks and opportunities weighed against potential value creation.
Skills & Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Journey person trade, or relevant post-secondary education;
- 5-10 years supervisor experience in mining or a related industry;
- 5-10 years maintenance experience in an industrial environment;
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to safety;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively collaborate with others.
You will become part of a dynamic team that is multi-skilled and share the same passion to deliver outstanding services and outcomes. The culture is inclusive, exciting, and performance-driven in a safety-focused and inclusive working environment. On offer is a competitive salary and retirement package, career development, access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs and employee share program for the successful candidate.
As this role is based in Labrador City, NL relocation is required. Assistance is on offer for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be July 31, 2020
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE