Based throughout Far North Queensland, our client is an organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of critical public services. The organisation is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to transform the Procurement and Sourcing functions across the organisation.
About the Role
This role will require you to drive the transformation of procurement processes to enhance commercial gains for the organisation. You will have extensive experience in procurement strategy with an innovative and creative ability to shape and improve procurement and tender processes.
- Managing and updating existing procurement functions and services;
- Continuously research best practice standards in supply to deliver efficiency gains wherever possible;
- Manage the tender process for all new procurement and existing tender renewal opportunities;
- Negotiate and finalise contractual arrangements and coordinate contract management processes;
- Manage and update all panel supplier listings;
- Advise and support the senior leadership team on procurement strategies and procedures, and contract administration.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior procurement or supply management role;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating contractual arrangements;
- Demonstrated understanding of legislative, statutory, policy and performance obligations of the functions associated with high level strategic procurement management;
- Proven experience in writing strategies and plans, contract management, tender and specification writing and evaluation.
This exciting and unique opportunity is based in Cairns with frequent travel to remote areas. An attractive remuneration package is on offer including extended annual leave.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be Friday 24th May
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE