Our client is currently optimising operations by focusing on mining high grade ore from the mine and producing zinc, copper and lead concentrates from the processing plant. The plant is located approximately 200km West of Cairns. Our client is focused on Health, Safety, Environment, the wellbeing of their team and delivering sustainable positive results.
About the Role
As site HR Advisor, you will proactively build and maintain positive relationships within your team and the organisation. You will be a versatile generalist, able to turn your hand to the full range of HR activities to support the operation. This role is drive in, drive out from Cairns or the local Tablelands on a 4:3 roster, therefore you must be based in the Far North Queensland region or be willing to relocate.
- Provide timely and accurate advice on Human Resource policies, practices, conditions of employment entitlements and IR/ER related matters to managers and staff;
- Conduct and close out workplace investigations;
- Contribute to the development and implementation planning of the Workforce Strategy, Health and Safety Strategy, associated frameworks and operational plans;
- Implement and maintain HR and WHS planning and reporting processes, and report against service performance and benchmarks;
- Work collaboratively with managers to identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through HR and performance systems and frameworks, including implementation, monitoring and review;
- Develop, manage and maintain strategic and operational relationships with internal and external key stakeholders;
- Coordinate recruitment processes, including process and policy advice, preparation of advertisements and employment paperwork using various in-house systems;
- Support Human Resources related projects and activities as delegated.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in HR/Recruitment advisory capacity;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the mining and/or construction industry;
- Demonstrated experience in providing generalist HR/Recruitment advisory and operational support to all levels of staff and management;
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying contemporary HR practices, strategies and legislative requirements in a diverse range of HR functions.
An attractive rate is on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via the link including a recent copy of your resume addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE