About the Company
Located in North Queensland, our client is a globally recognised organisation that supports the operation of logistics, resources and energy infrastructure.
About the Role
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be an integral member of a dynamic and results driven team. You will provide a professional level of engineering expertise and make technical contributions to planning and quality control. You will utilise your strong planning background to provide medium and long-term mine planning options to ensure the resource is mined in the most effective way.
- Review extraction methodologies for overburden removal and handling, and recommend optimum methodologies;
- Prepare equipment specifications liaising with the MIS manager and the electrical, mechanical and civil engineers;
- Review and optimise the long-term mine design and schedule;
- Prepare mine layouts to optimise pit lengths and overburden transport routes;
- Ensure that the medium and long-term mine plans are adapted to and amended to optimise safe working conditions;
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual budget, business plans, and life of mine plans.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in open cut mining engineering, including truck shovel dragline and/or bucket wheel excavators;
- Have a solid background in open cut mine planning and design;
- Able to develop planning strategies, identify, escalate potential risks and mitigating actions.
- Greenfield coal mine development experience;
- Strong technical understanding of bulk materials handling;
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and policies for Australia Coal Operations;
- Experience in mine and scheduling design tools including Minex, XPAC, CAD, Microsoft suites, etc;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work constructively within team-based environments;
- Ability to travel frequently to Central Queensland.
This leadership opportunity offers a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for successful applicant, with an attractive salary package included.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE