About the Company
Forget that tedious commute, and welcome the idea of waking up every day at a different port. Be a part of something unique and join one of the largest and most prestigious cruise lines in the world. Voted the Best Cruise Operator at the 2017 National Travel Industry Awards, Royal Caribbean International travels to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world, in the most innovative world-class cruise ships.
About the Role
Royal Caribbean International are seeking someone passionate about delivering excellent customer service as a key member of the ships medical department. The Senior Doctor is the leader of the medical department and responds directly to staff Captain, and shoreside to the Director of Medical Operations and Chief Medical Officer. This unique and rare opportunity will see you responding to a wide variety of medical conditions, along with unexpected situations that may be outside your experience.
- Assist the Staff Captain and Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, nation and company policies;
- Consistently aim to exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed;
- Provide advice to both the Master and Staff Captain on all matters related to the medical centre services, guest and crewmember’s health and hygienic conditions onboard the vessel;
- Supervise and provide competent medical care to both crewmembers and guest as required, keeping the master and staff captain advised on all matters of consequence;
- Oversee inventory of medical supplies and monitors hospital budget;
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and assist in making recommendations that improve overall safety of the ship;
- Oversee the administration and safekeeping of all medication and drugs in accordance with regulations and company policy;
- Maintain and comply with relevant safety and quality policies and procedures relevant for your position.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant Medical Degree;
- Must hold an active, current medical license;
- Minimum Five years of clinical experience in Acute Care setting;
- At least One-year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support;
- At least five years’ experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of, and immobilizing of simple fractures;
- Completion of a recognised medical speciality training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or general surgery;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the length of your contract on board the ship;
- Ample experience in shipboard medicine;
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English.
Few medical positions offer the variety and travel opportunities this position offers. As well as an excellent salary, this new and rewarding adventure will see you building lifelong relationships as you travel the world.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com. Be aware that you will be required to undergo a police check and full medical before commencing.
YOU MUST ADDRESS THE SELECTION CRITERIA IN A COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE