About the Company
Our client is a large forward thinking, progressive and inclusive organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of critical public services across a wide region.
About the Role
Located in the Cairns region, this role will see you operate, enhance and maintain the design functions of the organisations Civil Works programmes.
- Undertake work on CAD/12D and/or computer mapping systems to produce quality, efficient and economical designs on time and within budget;
- To assist in the preparation and effective delivery of the of the design programme;
- Contribute, knowledge and innovative solutions for designs or technical issues appropriate to individual project requirements;
- Prepare design concepts, construction drawings, estimates and specifications;
- Support the maintenance of the QA System in particular planning registration, retrieval and transmittal;
- Supervise the updating and maintenance of master records, plans and statistical data;
- Undertake field work for a variety of projects including onsite technical advice for construction staff;
- Attend to complaints, queries and other matters associated with design service activities;
- Undertake activities which require sound judgement and skills where procedures are not clearly defined;
- Supervise design staff on moderately complex technical projects in line with council objectives;
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Demonstrated high-level competency in 12D and AutoCad;
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of relevant Engineering Design Standards;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience developing and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Proven effective interpersonal and customer service skills to develop strong team culture;
- Sound understanding and knowledge of civil design with experience in tailoring towards high quality project output to the relevant design standards.
This role offers career progression as well as excellent salary package benefits for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE