Located in Townsville, our client is a large, fast -paced and progressive organisation supporting the operation of logistics, resources and energy infrastructure across North Queensland.
About the Role
This position supports Communications Works Package Manager in planning and delivery of communications works that include construction communications, camp communications and permanent end to end systems.
- Lead a dynamic team to support engineering, designing, coordinating and project managing the delivery of the rail network and remote control operations;
- Use knowledge of current communications technologies and design implementation practices to deliver effective professional communication solutions;
- Support the design of communications systems and interfaces, including requirements analysis, and preparation of testing and integration plans and procedures;
- Prepare high-quality written reports and presentations;
- Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Skills & Experience required
- As a minimum, possess a Bachelor of Engineering with qualifications in electronic / communications engineering or equivalent;
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia (IEAust) or equivalent;
- Equivalent relevant experience will be considered for suitable applicants;
- At least 3 years specific experience in designing communications / IT systems and project engineering;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Wired or wireless networking, Communication system design and implementation, Wireless or Wireline, MS Windows (Active Directory) design implementation and support, computer systems hardware or network security;
- Engineering experience in the construction of major coal rail infrastructure in Queensland or within Australia;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to influence business stakeholders through written and verbal communication;
- Exposure to Communications systems, working with Signalling systems, industrial PLC / SCADA / HMI solutions is preferred.
If successful, you will form part of a hugely supportive, fast paced and progressive environment supported by a competitive salary.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume to email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be Friday, 6th September.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE