- 3 Month Full Time Contract
- State Government Department – Cairns Based
- Excellent Hourly Rate on Offer
About the Company
Our client is a State Government organisation looking to place an experienced Project Officer for a period of three months.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director of Workforce and Engagement you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development of strategic HR and employee engagement initiatives to build workforce capability that contributes to the organisation ambition to build a sustainable and highly capable workforce.
- Develop and implement a Workforce Strategy for the organisation that contributes to their ambition to develop a sustainable, safe and supported local workforce;
- Plan, develop and implement workforce objectives that are responsive to the organisation’s needs, ensuring that workforce strategies are in line with the Strategic Plan and Operational Plans;
- Utilise project management expertise to drive the Workforce Strategy across the organisation;
- Ensure all key considerations are identified, integrated and delivered within the program &/or project timetable. This will require the role holder to work collaboratively with senior management, supervisors, staff and key stakeholders in support of all body of work undertaken;
- Effectively plan, monitor, track and report on project progress to ensure key milestones and deliverables are met within agreed timeframes, including project schedules, quality controls, risk assessment, issue management, interdependencies, scope and key performance indicators.
Skills & Experience required
- Proven ability to successfully manage small to medium sized projects in a complex environment, using a formal project management approach;
- Demonstrated ability to develop options and recommend suitable solutions regarding contemporary project management practices, using organisational research and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to plan and determine priorities, coordinate resources and to monitor and report progress to ensure deadlines and defined quality criteria are met;
- Demonstrated high level written, oral and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of clients, management and staff.
Excellent hourly rate on offer for the successful candidate. Immediate start.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing dates for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 23rd April 2021
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE