Work for a progressive Regional Council that has significant funding approved for a series of Water Infrastructure improvement projects. Temporary Full-Time (2 years possible extension).
- Exciting package of work – Water Infrastructure Assets
- Diverse culture with a genuine drive to improve services to the region
- Competitive Package with 12% Super, 17.5% Leave loading and salary sacrificing options
This Regional Council’s vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, they have created a culture that’s centred on core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. They are an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Role
This newly created role is to be a part of the Water Infrastructure Services Branch on a high value package of works covering the upgrades of two water treatment plants future proofing the region’s water supply. There are other packages of works including improving water pressure and improving waste water infrastructure on roads.
- Manage pre-construction activities for water and wastewater projects such as budgeting, project management plans, land procurement and designs/documentation;
- Prepare, review and manage contract documentation and contractors;
- Provide technical engineering advice within the Water Services branch and to other Council departments;
- Engage and effectively manage consultants to ensure the delivery of outcomes are within project scope.
Skills & Experience required
- You will possess a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil or Environmental);
- Extensive experience providing effective project management services within scope, time and budget constraints;
- High level negotiation and interpersonal skills, along with exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills;
- The ability to build and develop relationships with key stakeholders;
- A qualification in Project Management and/or eligibility for registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) will be highly regarded.
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading;
- 36.25 hour working week, regular rostered days off, including long weekends;
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression;
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Alternatively, Email a recent copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 8th May 2020
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE