Based in Far North Queensland, our client is actively delivering public infrastructure projects across the region. The organisation is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to manage the delivery of its infrastructure projects.
About the Role
The Project Engineer will oversee the delivery of the Capital Works projects with a focus on achieving the performance objectives. This role will provide leadership, strategic direction and effective management to the delivery team.
- Coordinate the development, regular review and analysis of organisations Capital Works Programs;
- Provide leadership, management and engineering guidance to the technical and support staff in the Investigations and Project Delivery Units;
- Develop and maintain a performance monitoring framework for reporting on the delivery of the Capital Works Program;
- Monitor and report on the delivery of the Capital Works Program, including forecasting expenditure, performance of projects against budget, and project approved end dates;
- Actively participate in the development, roll-out and ongoing maintenance of the Project Management Framework;
- Detailed analysis of financial position and performance of Capital Works Program as well as individual Project Managers;
- Provide timely, accurate and professional advice to the Manager and General Manager on issues relating to Capital Works, Project Delivery and Investigations.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Project Engineering role;
- Proven experience managing capital works programs as they relate to a medium to large organisation;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project management frameworks;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, both written and oral.
A generous hourly rate is on offer for the successful applicant
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be Friday 5th July
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE