Our client is seeking an experienced Environmental Management Systems Principal for a minimum six month contract. On offer is an exciting opportunity working for a large Queensland State Government Department providing valuable EMS assistance.
About the Company
Elite Executive are proud to partner with this State Government Department that promotes the profitable agriculture, fisheries, and forestry industries for Queensland.
About the Role
You will oversee the ongoing development and operational application of an environmental management system to ensure that native forest and quarry activities authorised by the department adhere to applicable legislative requirements, codes of practice and other requirements.
You will work collaboratively with all staff and managers, and external parties to develop and maintain a management system that will support the efficient and effective management of Queensland’s state-owned resources. The management system must meet the organisation’s immediate and long-term needs, including supporting the maintenance of third-party certification under the Australian Standard® for Sustainable Forest Management.
You will also contribute to compliance activities such as auditing and monitoring of native forest harvesting and quarrying operations, to certify that these operations meet contractual and legislative requirements.
- Oversee the ongoing development and operational implementation of an environmental management system that includes contemporary, succinct and targeted policies and procedures that support Forest Products’ management of forest products, quarry materials and general business needs.
- Provide high level advice on Forest Products’ legal, contractual, policy and certification obligations associated with the management of forest products and quarry materials.
- Support the adoption and implementation of policies and procedures by developing, delivering, and/or facilitating targeted training and other events, and providing expert advice and assistance to staff and other parties.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as environmental / quality management systems, natural resource management, forestry or similar/equivalent experience;
- Proven experience in the certification/accreditation space;
- Prior relevant experience in a coordinator role for development and implementation of environmental management systems or environmental sustainability strategy for business.
Travelling and working away from Brisbane headquarters will be required and possession of a current Queensland C Class driver’s license or equivalent.
An attractive hourly rate is on offer for the successful applicant.
How to apply
Please email the Lead Recruiter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday 12th February 2021.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE