About the Company
Our client is a fast-growing and well-respected engineering consultancy, renowned for high quality and reliable design and project management services. This multi-disciplinary and vibrant organisation applies innovation, creativity and practicality to every project. Based in Darwin and the Gold Coast, the team includes engineers, designers, project managers and planners that have built a reputation for quality planning, design, documentation and certification services on a diverse range of civil engineering projects.
About the Role
As a Civil Engineer based in the Darwin office, you will be working with the project manager and the team on a wide range of projects including the design of roads, stormwater, drainage, intersections, subdivisions, etc.
Currently going through an exciting growth period and with an exciting portfolio of projects for 2019 and beyond, this is an ideal time to join this fantastic team. With multiple positions available, some background experience in Project Management and Design is an advantage to support and run a variety of construction projects.
- Working with the Project Manager to support resources management, time management and project performance;
- Identify project specifications and preparing cost estimates by developing a strong understanding of product design, customer requirements, and performance standards. Also pricing project variations;
- Develop project reporting by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends; and following up by recommending actions based on findings;
- Contribute to the tendering process including, writing methodologies, constructing project programs, assisting with quantity take-offs, acquiring quotations and tender pricing;
- Support contract management and the administration of documentation;
- Develop plans and schedules identifying project risks and issues ensuring appropriate controls are in place and maintained.
Skills & Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- At least 2 years’ experience in Civil Engineering (Design or Construction);
- Experience working on Australian projects and a good understanding of Australian Codes and Standards;
- You will demonstrate initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision and have exceptional time management skills with the capacity to work within timeframes and budgets;
- Great communication skills and experience developing and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Experience working with civil design software packages like 12D and AutoCAD.
This role offers career progression as well as a competitive salary package for the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be 7/2/19
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE