Join a national commercial law firm that deliver legal services to Corporate, Private, and Public sector clients across a range of industries. Our client value their staff and offer an environment of genuine professional support and growth and development opportunities.
- Highly respected and growing national Law firm
- Located in sunny Cairns, Far North Queensland
- Amazing culture of support and sharing across practice groups
- Work across multiple industries including all levels of Government
About the Company
Elite Executive are proud to work exclusively with a highly respected national Law Firm. Due to year-on-year organic growth at all of their offices, they are currently seeking an experienced Associate or Senior Associate to join their Cairns Planning, Environment and Government team. Not only is this position located in beautiful Cairns, but you will also be joining an organisation that offers an environment of genuine professional support as well as stimulating, challenging legal work.
About the Role
Our client’s national Planning, Environment and Government team consists of several highly-regarded practitioners that provide a full range of Planning, Environmental and Government expertise across both the Public and Private sectors. This growing team works on a range of complex advisory and litigious matters for a broad range of clients.
As a lawyer in the group, you will work closely with partners who are committed to ensuring you develop your skills and experience. The role will see you handle a wide range of matters including:
- Advisory work in Government and administrative law;
- Governance, risk, compliance, and property;
- Strategic planning and development advice;
- Contaminated land management and remediation and environment compliance;
- Compulsory acquisition;
- Vegetation, coastal protection, and environmental matters;
- Planning and Environmental court appeals and declaratory proceedings;
- Land Court legislation;
- Planning and environmental due diligence;
- Preparing and negotiating infrastructure agreements.
Skills & Experience required
To be considered for this role you will have the following:
- Between 3 and 8 years of post-admission experience in planning and Environment, Government or Property practice;
- Must be comfortable with running matters with minimal supervision and in dealing directly with clients;
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- You will be professional, accountable, client-focused, and highly passionate about planning and environment law.
Not only will you be offered a competitive salary, but this company will also offer you the ability to develop and grow your career, be involved in high profile and interesting cases, be hugely supported across the business plus be involved in their social justice program.
How to Apply
If you feel this opportunity is of interest to you, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Alternatively, should you wish to speak with a professional consultant about your career, please contact:
Eva Grabner – Managing Director | Lead Recruiter
07 4088 1571
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 15tth October 2021.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS