About the Role
Working closely with the Director’s, you will be given high levels of client responsibility and autonomy. The work will entail both litigious and advisory work, so the successful candidate will need to be well versed at steering clients through disputed matters as well as advising on a range of planning issues.
It is envisaged that the successful applicant will be given significant opportunities to grow their career. You will receive the support and mentoring to develop your technical skills to the highest level.
This role will see you:
- Undertaking advocacy in the Land and Environment Court;
- Be exposed to planning appeals;
- Work on enforcements and judicial reviews;
- Draft and settle pleadings;
- Providing advice in relation to developments, contaminated land and heritage sites.
Skills & Experience required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 4 to 6 years legal experience with a broad background within Environment & Planning or related areas;
- Familiarity with Supreme/Federal Court litigation;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment;
- Sound understanding of regulatory matters and strong client-facing capability;
- A collaborative approach and work well with clients, consultants, counsel, more junior lawyers and other parties.
- Opportunity to fast track your career to Director;
- Stable and long term client base;
- Work-life balance;
- Strong culture and values.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 24th January 2020.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE