Our client is a highly dynamic and multifaceted organisation located in a vibrant and progressive regional city in Queensland. Passionately supporting the local community, they advocate for regional economic development, operate tourism and entertainment facilities and are committed to service excellence across all that they do.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for the day to day commercial operations. You will primarily lead Front of House functions: daily tours, tour ticketing, visitor information centre, café, catering and retail. You will also be the direct report for supervisors of security, cleaning and the Back of House Operations: gardening and maintenance.
- Manage a large Tourism destination operation including a visitor information centre, café, retail facility and tours;
- Assist in the development of the Business Plan including department revenue plans, staff planning and development, new product development and other organisation initiatives;
- Create a positive team culture based on integrity, intelligent risk-taking and empowerment;
- Ensure all displays, interpretive componentry, presentation equipment and interactives are always maintained and fully operational;
- Oversee the daily operations of all assigned areas to ensure outstanding visitor experiences and services to all guests including assisting with customer care;
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce processes and procedures for functional areas of responsibility;
- Closely monitor revenue and expenses and ensure that established goals are met and progressive growth is achieved.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Hospitality/visitor services related field and/or extensive work experience in an operations environment;
- 5+ years of guest service and operations management experience, preferably in a tourism/attraction setting;
- Strong understanding of all commercial operations – reservations, ticketing, guest services, cleaning and security – and proven track record of delivering outcomes and generating revenue.
- You must be a hand’s-on, operational manager with the ability to think strategically;
- Current First Aid Certificate, QLD Drivers Licence and Children’s Check (Blue Card or similar) is essential.
This position offers a generous salary package and relocation assistance.
How to apply
Via Seek including a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE