About the Company
Based throughout Far North Queensland, our client is an organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of critical public services across a wide region. The organisation is currently seeking the employment of a new Procurement Manager to oversee all procurement and contract management activities.
About the Role
The Manager of Procurement and Fleet is a critical role and is responsible for managing the procurement of good and services in a cost-effective ensure continuity of essential services. This is a temporary opportunity with the preference to start immediately. In this role, you will work collaboratively with all parts of the business to manage the acquisition, mobilisation, and maintenance of plant and fleet vehicles ensuring minimal disruption to essential services and projects.
- Manage and support existing procurement functions, services, and contracts;
- Procure goods and services for the organisation including: obtaining quotes; preparation of reports; and recommendations regarding procurement;
- Manage the process for new procurement opportunities and existing contract renewals to ensure optimal outcomes;
- Lead the effective negotiation and finalisation of contractual arrangements and coordinate contract management processes;
- Prepare and maintain a Contract Manual and update the Contract Register and lead the preparation and implementation of supply contracts;
- Provide leadership, advice, and support on procurement strategies, contractual administration and procurement procedures to internal customers;
- Manage the purchasing, maintenance, and disposal of fleet and plant assets, and control the budget to ensure variances are promptly identified and effectively managed;
- Ensure the effective management of all external hire/lease of fleet and plant arrangements.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management, administration or related field;
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position managing supply chain and logistics of a medium size organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to manage the supply chain including cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance;
- High level of communication skills including an ability to deliver complex information to a diverse audience;
- Management of competing priorities within set deadlines while working within a team;
- Leadership capability and a demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, high performance and continuous improvement.
This exciting role is based in Cairns with occasional travel to remote areas. A generous salary package with benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com. Applications that do not address the key criteria in this advert will not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR CITIZENS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE