- Seeking an experienced Governance professional
- Work for a dynamic and forward thinking company
- Permanent opportunity
About the Company
Based in Far North Queensland, our client is an organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of critical public services across a wide region. The organisation is currently seeking an experienced Manager of Governance to join their team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will be responsible for overseeing all operational objectives and goals of Governance including supporting all areas of Council with regard to governance matters.
- Act as a point of contact for advice and support on governance related matters for the organisation;
- Form relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Manage work processes and set priorities in order to meet deadlines and achieve corporate and unit objectives;
- Prepare, implement, report and manage the operational plan and annual budget for the Governance section;
- Provide excellent customer service and actively work to solve customer problems;
- Supervise Governance team ensuring appraisals and staff development programs are completed and implemented in accordance with agreed time frames.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in a Business related field or similar;
- Demonstrated governance experience (5 years minimum) in a similar role preferably for a local government or multi-functional organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to take complex and disparate information and make a determination of the core issue and then devise a process to achieve the desired outcome;
- Demonstrated high level communication, consultative, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
This exciting role is based in a regional town, just outside of Cairns. An attractive remuneration package with benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via Seek including a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE