Opportunity for an experienced financial professional with strong leadership and multi-tasking skills to lead a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
About the Company
Our client is a highly dynamic and multifaceted organisation located in a vibrant and progressive regional city in Queensland. Passionately supporting the local community, they advocate for regional economic development, operate tourism and entertainment facilities and are committed to service excellence across all that they do.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director Corporate and Financial Services you will ensure the effective, efficient and legislatively compliant management of a local government’s financial and corporate resources. You will be a visionary with the skills to move a team forward through a period of exciting change. You will be a strong and confident operator who will make things happen.
- Provide professional advice to Executive Management and Department heads regarding your departments’ policies and procedures, including compliance;
- Mentor and review performance of the financial team;
- Manage and report on grant acquittals, data collection, annual financial statements and auditing processes in a timely and efficient manner.
Skills & Experience required
- Degree qualified in an accounting discipline;
- CPA or CA certified is desirable;
- Working knowledge of the Queensland Local Government Act is required;
- Experience in managing end to end budgeting and forecasting processes;
- Experience in leading, organising and motivating staff towards established goals across multiple departments.
This position offers a very generous salary package and additional benefits including car, extended leave, relocation, accommodation allowance and additional superannuation.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com
Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE