Our client is a highly dynamic and multifaceted organisation located in a vibrant and progressive regional city in Queensland. Passionately supporting the local community, they advocate for regional economic development, operate tourism and entertainment facilities and are committed to service excellence across all that they do.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager – Financial Services you will ensure the effective, efficient and legislatively compliant management of a local government’s financial and corporate resources. You will be a leader with a proven track record of managing human, financial and capital resources along with superior communications and interpersonal skills.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities across the Payroll, Creditors, and Revenue functions;
- Interpret and apply accounting standards and legislative requirements for asset management, accounting, budgeting, and reporting;
- Assist with monitoring the internal controls to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures;
- Support the annual budgetary cycle and periodic reviews through the provision of budgetary estimates for expenditure and revenue;
- Provide relevant and regular in-house training and support to employees on the organisations financial management system;
- Lead, manage and support a small team to achieve quality outcomes and customer service providing ongoing support and professional development.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications at Bachelor level in Business or Commerce (Accounting);
- Current CPA or CA certifications;
- Working knowledge of the Queensland Local Government Act is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large data sets utilising techniques to ensure relevance and reliability;
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to stimulate a high level of performance, foster teamwork and promote excellent customer service and continuous improvement;
- Proven knowledge of accounting standards and taxation legislation with the ability to reconcile complex accounts;
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar management or senior role.
This position offers an attractive salary package for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via Seek including a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE