About the Company
Our client is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and vibrant organisation applying innovation, creativity and practicality to every project. Based in Darwin and the Gold Coast the team includes engineers, designers, project managers and planners that have built a reputation for quality planning, design, documentation and certification services on a diverse range of civil engineering projects. They are currently going through an exciting growth period and are looking to expand their teams in both offices.
About the Role
As the Lead Civil Designer, you will be leading and mentoring a team of designers and drafters whilst ensuring a high standard is always upheld. The role will see you doing a wide range of land development projects including roads, drainage, stormwater, sewerage, subdivision, etc.
- Manage a team of designers and draftsmen in the design and documentation of a wide variety of civil works for public and private sector clients;
- Direct interface with design teams and coordination of work to ensure client requirements are met;
- Identify resources and tasks required to enable projects to be completed on time;
- Technical management of projects and mentoring of junior staff;
- Geometric design and documentation of major intersections, roundabouts, carparks;
- Grading of sites, road, intersections and stormwater drainage;
- Provision of high-level drafting service with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiencies;
- Liaison with clients and local council as necessary.
Skills & Experience required
- At least 8 years’ experience in Civil Design;
- You will have experience in the design and documentation of building site works, subdivisions and general civil works such as storm water drainage, sewer and water reticulation and local area traffic management;
- Advanced skills in 12D model and AutoCAD software;
- Expert in Geometric design of urban and rural roads and intersections;
- Experience working on Australian projects and a good understanding of Australian Codes and Standards;
- Great communication skills and experience developing and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Able to work independently and to lead and mentor a young but enthusiastic team.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful candidate including relocation allowance if required. Flexible working arrangements are also on offer.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email a recent resume and cover letter addressing the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.