About the Company
Our client is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary organisation applying innovation, creativity and practicality to every project. Based in Northern Australia and on the Gold Coast in Queensland, the team includes engineers, designers, project managers and planners that have built a reputation for quality planning, design, documentation and certification services on a diverse range of civil engineering projects. They are currently going through an exciting growth period with new offices recently opened and are expanding their team in both states.
About the Role
They currently have several opportunities for experienced Civil Designers / Civil Technicians and Civil Draftsmen to work on unique and innovative projects. Your background and experience will provide engineering input in the design and documentation of projects, and assist in achieving strategic goals across client service, efficiency and profitability. Supporting civil infrastructure projects, you will apply your 12D design, drafting skills and technical advice to impress clients and solve problems.
- Preparation of civil engineering designs and documentation, including drainage, earthworks, underground services and civil structures;
- Participate in the delivery of projects and ensure output is of a high standard and within time and cost budget allocations;
- Investigation and analysis of technical problems and presentation of results;
- Delivering developments within specified time periods ensuring client expectations are met and exceeded;
- Developing and fostering relationships with new and existing clients.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Intermediate to advanced 12D and AutoCAD knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrated design and drafting skills with at least 5 years’ experience;
- A background in roads and general civil engineering will be highly regarded;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience developing and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Sound understanding and knowledge of civil design with experience in tailoring towards high quality project output to the relevant design standards;
- Consideration will be given to engineers with experience in other disciplines such as geotechnical, structural and environmental engineering;
This role offers career progression as well as a competitive salary package for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be 12th October 2018