About the Company
Based in Cairns, our client supports a comprehensive range of education and health support and services across Far North Queensland.
About the Role
This is a full-time contract role through to the end of the year. As Human Resources Advisor you will be responsible for driving consistency and best practice across a range of key Human Resource functions and activities.
- Provide timely and accurate advice on Human Resource policies, practices, conditions of employment entitlements and IR/ER related matters to managers and staff;
- Support Human Resources related projects and activities as delegated;
- Contribute to the development and implementation planning of the Workforce Strategy, Wellness, Health and Safety Strategy, associated frameworks and operational plans;
- Implement and maintain HR and WHS planning and reporting processes, and report against service performance and benchmarks;
- Work collaboratively with managers and team leaders to identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through HR and performance systems and frameworks, including implementation, monitoring and review;
- Develop, manage and maintain strategic and operational relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or sufficient equivalent experience in a generalist HR/WHS advisory capacity;
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in Rehabilitation and Return to Work and Wellness, Health and Safety management;
- Demonstrated experience in providing generalist HR/WHS advisory and operational support to all levels of staff and management;
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying contemporary HR practices, strategies and legislative requirements in a diverse range of HR functions;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and diversity of circumstances.
An attractive rate is on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE