About the Company
Our client is a globally recognised organisation and one of the fastest growing conglomerates in India. With several businesses under its umbrella, they are seeking a highly qualified mining professional to lead initiatives, increase productivity and improve processes and technology across their mining portfolio.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will base yourself in Northern India for a two-year period. You will be responsible for driving operational excellence including the planning, budgeting, cost optimization and quality adherence. You will be an experienced mining professional, with proven ability to set the vision and lead the growth of our clients’ mining business. You will be a self-starter who can manage operations across a range of locations ensuring optimal efficiency.
- Review of current operational procedures and processes, providing suggestions and improvements including implementing various initiatives to achieve goals;
- Update of safety standards across the business ensuring they are above par within your two-year placement;
- Define minimum standards and practices for the company, related to the safe, economic extraction;
- Research and implementation of fit to use technology with the goal of increasing productivity and cost effectiveness within a lean organisation;
- Continuous improvement through performance standards in line with best practice;
- Provide guidance to senior leadership on technical risk management and relevant mitigating actions;
- Identify gap closure initiatives to achieve maximum technical capability;
- Ensure replication of successful improvement initiatives across business.
Skills & Experience required
- 20 years’ experience in underground and/or opencut mining operations;
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Senior Managerial position (Mine Manager / GM of Open Cut Mine);
- Operational experience with Truck and Shovel;
- Experience in developing and managing large mining contracts;
- Exceptional people management and development;
- Proven experience in open pit mine planning;
- Able to manage and lead viability project studies ensuring financial evaluations are conducted;
- High level of commercial and analytical acumen;
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity;
- Thorough understanding of relevant mining, safety and environmental legislation.
- Engineering (mining) degree;
- Mine Managers Certificate;
- Commercial Degree/ Diploma – highly regarded
This position will be a full time, two-year contract with a highly competitive salary available plus flights and relocation package included.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com.