Newly created role with multi-divisional growth corporation. Initially project based, this role is positioned for career growth.
- Do your strengths lie in your technical, analytical and technology skills?
- Are you an effective communicator who takes pride in your stakeholder management abilities?
- Are you seeking the pathway to more senior finance roles?
About the Company
Our client is a highly reputable organisation of 47 years standing and is based in the Top End of Australia. With an operating profit of over $120M for the last financial year and a workforce in excess of 1,100 this community-based corporation operates across four unique and diverse Divisions. Not resting on their laurels, our client firmly believes in continuous improvement and economic sustainability whilst continuing to grow and build on their success for all stakeholders. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this corporation as they have recently implemented the newest ERP, opening a whole new realm of possibilities with regards to improved efficiencies and reporting.
About the Role
This newly created permanent role will initially be project based to enable the successful candidate to get to truly know and understand the technical and operational complexities of this diverse corporation. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is positioned for career growth and provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to move from a mid-tier to a more senior role.
Are you proactive, collaborative and confident to identify and manage process change and innovation? Bringing an analytical mindset with a strong ability to influence, you will proactively engage with all stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
Are you seeking a role with a broad range of responsibilities in a complex environment with unique challenges and opportunities? As the organisation continues to grow and in order to future-proof all Divisions, your superior technology skills (in particular Excel and Power BI) will be called upon, as will your keen analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Working closely with the CFO, refine project plans that will drive continuous improvement of group finance systems, processes and procedures;
- Oversee the external audit process, including compiling audit support documentation;
- Initially, support | guide | mentor Finance Team and as projects are completed, take on Team leadership responsibilities;
- Contribute to the enhancement of driver-based analytics and cost transparency within forecasting and reporting;
- Deep dive analysis of key business drivers to optimise Divisional performance and strategy;
- Financial modelling and analysis of both investment and operational opportunities to assist in informed decision making;
- Preparation and delivery of high-quality presentations and supporting analysis / insight for executive and senior management;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business decisions are aligned with group ROI targets while also ensuring continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience required
- CA or CPA qualified with strong technical accounting acumen with a minimum of 5-7 years proven experience in a similar role in a large dynamic organisation;
- Exceptional working knowledge of accounting standards, best practice, continuous improvement and the effective utilisation of ERP systems;
- Superior Microsoft Suite and app skills, knowledge and experience (in particular Excel, Power BI, D365 -Finance & Operations);
- Experience in high quality business case preparation (to executive level), financial modelling, position papers, policies and procedures;
- Excellent communication, stakeholder and relationship management and leadership skills leadership skills including the ability to manage, guide and mentor through change in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong critical thinking, financial analysis and problem-solving skills including the ability to reengineer and recommend financial policies and procedures.
Highly rewarding and competitive salary package with a range of benefits on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE