Our client is a highly dynamic and multifaceted organisation located in a vibrant and progressive regional city in Queensland. Passionately supporting the local community, they advocate for regional economic development, operate tourism and entertainment facilities and are committed to service excellence across all that they do.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Executive team, this role requires you to bring strong Operational leadership and management experience across multiple Tourism and Entertainment facilities.
In this fast-paced environment, you will play a critical role in supporting organisational strategies and improvement opportunities. A key focus of this position is to engage the workforce by creating a performance culture that reflects a high level of teamwork and collaboration and builds organisational capability and educates employees to understand their role in creating service excellence and customer satisfaction.
As the General Manager you will play a key role in organizing and coordinating the effective marketing and promotion, business operations, procedures and resources to deliver full effectiveness and success for this key Tourism & Events business.
- Development of strategies for the effective promotion and marketing of the facilities;
- Team management ensuring effective business operations;
- Management of budgets and costings across the business.
- Lead and manage a team to support and deliver results;
- Establish clear direction and outcomes in a planned and organised manner;
- Coach and mentor staff to support performance management activities.
- Working alongside the executive team you will develop effective project management activities and deliver of organisational programs of work, ie: Trade shows, events and conferences, marketing and stakeholder engagement.
- Management of deliverables and targets ensuring outcomes are in alignment with the plan and purpose of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications and/or significant work experience at a senior management level in a large and diverse tourism business;
- High level and demonstrated skills in the successful marketing and promotion of a Tourism and Events business;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a high performing team;
- Finance skills and experience in budgeting, cost control and reporting.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills;
- Project Management skills including program planning, engagement, communication, evaluation and delivery with the ability to meet or exceed agreed outcomes with timeframe and budget.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
This position offers a very generous salary package and additional benefits including a brand new 4WD, relocation assistance and a potential bonus package.
How to apply
Via Seek including a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE