About the Company
Our client is a progressive airline that operates a large fleet of aircraft that service a multitude of flights across a large regional location both nationally and internationally. They have gone through some fundamental changes in the past five years with owners who are committed to success including the addition of a number of new aircraft to their already impressive fleet.
A rare opportunity for a General Manager of their Safety Division has recently opened and they are seeking suitably qualified candidates to join their dynamic team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the effective management of the company’s Safety, Quality and Risk functions. Your extensive knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully advise on, and action, strategic activities and liaise with external institutions, as required by the CEO and the Board. With a big focus on Safety and Compliance, your work ethic, determination and commitment to delivering effective corporate and strategic business initiatives will result in success.
- Lead the development of corporate and strategic business plans in regard to safety and quality management;
- Provide specialist technical advice to the CEO and represent the CEO and Company at external events, as required;
- Prepare safety and compliance reports for the Board;
- Develop and maintain the divisions financial budget;
- Ensure compliance with the security requirements of Civil Aviation Safety Rules;
- Ensure compliance with the international security requirements applicable to the operation conducted by the organisation;
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of the organisations Security Manual;
- Liaise with domestic and international government and national organisations in regards to airline operations;
- Ensure all security incidents are reported, recorded, investigated if appropriate and corrective and preventative action taken within required timeframes;
- Conduct aviation security audits.
Skills & Experience required
- At least 5 years in a similar Senior Management role;
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications;
- Demonstrated strong management skills and the ability to promote a proactive, effective, efficient and change ready organisation;
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills – including the ability to influence and motivate;
- Strong understanding of the effective and efficient operation of a turbo-prop airline;
- Proven experience in safety and technical positions, including compliance matters is essential;
- Ability to hold CASA Senior Person qualifications.
If you are a highly qualified Aviation Safety professional looking to strengthen your career and make a real difference, then apply today! This role is Monday to Friday position, it is based internationally and both residential and FIFO options are available. Accommodation, living expenses and flights will be included. An excellent remuneration package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your resume via www.seek.com.au/Elite-Executive-jobs. Suitable candidates will be sent an application package with further information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Friday, February 1st 2019
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.