Our client offers short-term emergency accommodation to woman and children fleeing family or domestic violence. They provide support to women through education, support, information and assistance with accessing appropriate support services. We are currently seeking an experienced and professional, Identified (ASTI) candidate with experience in the community services sector to join this organisation.
About the Role
This leadership role will not only see you manage a team of committed, passionate individuals but also work closely with the board to identify other programs that would add value to the current structure. You will have working knowledge of domestic and family violence, experience working in a not-for-profit organisation and, not only be able to think outside the square and find new avenues to grow the business, but also have a genuine need to help others.
Skills & Experience required
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Identify as Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander;
- Hold qualifications in Business, Social Work, Psychology or Human Services;
- Have a strong understanding of Domestic and Family violence or crisis management;
- Demonstrated skills in leading and managing a team;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to network with appropriate external stakeholders to strengthen partner support;
- Have excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the families experiencing a wide range of challenging, complex and culturally diverse issues;
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children); or able to obtain;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Eligible to obtain National Criminal History Check.
Culture and Benefits
You will be given the opportunity to truly lead this organisation to it’s full potential. Through working closely with the board and liaising with business leaders, you will identify and implement areas for partnership and growth. In return you will be supported by a passionate and knowledgeable group of community leaders. The successful candidate will be offered an above-average salary along with benefits including salary packaging.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume to email@example.com. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be COB Friday, 12th June 2020
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE