- Exciting career opportunity with a vibrant FNQ company
- Work with a professional and driven team
- Attractive remuneration on offer for the right candidate
About the Company
Our client is a leader in their industry and with a history dating back to over 100 years, are an employer of choice in the North Queensland region. They have multi-million dollar investments within the business and are committed to the future growth of the organisation.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this role will suit a self-motivated, precise and emotionally aware Accountant. This role will predominantly be responsible for providing effective tax and accounting support to the business operations; assisting with the preparation of statutory reporting; and ensuring compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions. Areas in which your role will be focused are Audit, Taxation, Asset Register, Reporting, and Subsidiary Accounting.
- Provide effective tax and accounting support to the business operations;
- Assist with the preparation of statutory reporting in compliance with the accounting standards;
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax legislation as it applies to company financial functions;
- Preparation of monthly journals and reconciliations for consolidation for the monthly financial reports;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory accounts in compliance with the accounting standards;
- Maintain company asset registers on a regular basis so as to obtain accurate book and tax depreciation schedules for financial reporting and tax returns.
Skills & Experience required
- Degree qualified in an accounting discipline is essential;
- 5-10 years post graduate experience preferably within a mid-large size corporate or ASX listed environment;
- Qualified CA or CPA;
- Experience in Tax accounting is essential;
- Proven experience in managing complex Fixed Asset Registers;
- Experience with SAP is desirable.
Culture and Benefits
You will form part of a high achieving and energetic team focused on driving growth and hitting targets. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that will provide you with the potential to thrive in a successful environment where you can enhance your knowledge and skill set to support your career long term.
How to Apply
If you feel this opportunity is of interest to you, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Alternatively, should you wish to speak with a professional consultant about your career, please contact:
Eva Grabner – Managing Director | Lead Recruiter
07 4088 1571
Closing date for applications will be COB Friday 6th August 2021.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE