- 6-month contract with the view to go permanent
- Local Government position
- Far North Queensland location, close to Cairns
About the Company
Elite Executive are partnering with a well-known Local Government organisation, located just outside Cairns. They are currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a six month contract with the view to offering permanency for the right candidate.
About the Role
This position will see you joining a small team and assisting in the financial management of the Council’s legislative requirements, standards and policies, including preparing financial reports, management of payroll, budget management and assistance with annual reporting and audits.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Commerce;
- Previous Finance Management experience;
- High-level organisational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- A proactive approach to decision making and problem solving;
- Local government experience is preferred.
This role will see you joining a small and dynamic team with a high achieving local government organisation. You will be provided with plenty of support from your team and an attractive remuneration package. This six month contract has the view to progress into a permanent full time position for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 15th October 2021
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE