A well-established and highly respected Not for Profit organisation is looking for a Finance Manager with a passion for making a difference. Based in Darwin, NT.
- Varied and exciting portfolio of internal clients
- Large NFP Organisation based in Darwin, NT
- Excellent Remuneration Package + Relocation + Salary Packaging
About the Company
Our client is a highly reputable organisation of 47 years standing and is based in the Top End of Australia. With a workforce in excess of 1,000 this community-based corporation operates across four unique and diverse Divisions. Our client firmly believes in continuous improvement and economic sustainability whilst continuing to grow and build on their success for all stakeholders.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager you will lead a team of Finance professionals managing all financial and management reporting requirements for a number of entities within the organisation. You will not only have exceptional financial skills but have strong people management skills ensuring all internal and external accountabilities relating to the organisation’s finances are met to a high standard.
- Provide consistent, high-level and thoughtful leadership to enable the department to excel in activities and functions;
- Management of all aspects of the association’s finances, reporting, budgeting, modelling and forecasting;
- Work alongside Auditors to prepare annual statutory accounts;
- Oversight of taxation returns such as BAS, FBT, GST and liaise with external tax specialists;
- Conduct due diligence on potential new business acquisitions;
- Liaising with senior stakeholders, both financial and non-financial.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting;
- CA/CPA Qualified (essential);
- A minimum of eight years post-grad experience in Accounting inclusive of exposure to budgeting, forecasting, debt collection and formal reporting;
- Exceptional people management skills and proven experience in managing a team of 5+ people;
- An understanding of financial, technological, risk and compliance requirements and considerations for a not-for-profit association
- Solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to engage others;
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to prepare high-level reports and presentations to board, executives and external parties.
You will be joining a stable yet progressive organisation. If you are an experienced Finance Professional looking for a busy, challenging, yet fulfilling role then this is for you. Darwin, NT based with minimal travel. Relocation, salary packaging and attractive remuneration are on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that include a brief cover letter addressing their skills in relation to this role, will be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 6th August 2021.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE