Our client is a highly reputable organisation of 47 years standing and is based in the Top End of Australia. With an operating profit of over $120M for the last financial year and a workforce in excess of 1,100; this community-based corporation operates across four unique and diverse Divisions. Not resting on their laurels, our client firmly believes in continuous improvement and economic sustainability whilst continuing to grow and build on their success for all stakeholders.
About the Role
The Finance Manager has one of the most significant roles in the corporation. Due to the growth of the organisation your dedication and drive, your technical skills, your strong communication and interpersonal skills and importantly, your ability to engage, coach and mentor your team to exceed expectations – will see you fast track your career. This is an incredibly exciting time for the corporation as they have recently implemented the newest ERP and this role provides a rare opportunity for a forward thinking Finance Manager of the highest calibre to expand their skills, knowledge and experience whilst supporting the Finance Team to progress their own careers with the positive results of all endeavours ensuring the continued sustainable growth of all stakeholders.
- Provide strong leadership and direction for the Finance ensuring a high level of service delivery, professional development and collaborative workplace culture that takes pride in continuous improvement;
- Financial management of the divisions including but not limited to – the preparation, coordination and regular revision of budgets; preparation of board reports, forecasts and variances;
- Effective integration of systems and management practices, maximising resources and taking advantage of available emerging technology;
- Oversee all accounting and financial systems and ensure that accurate relevant and timely reporting occurs at all levels;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders re-enforcing the advisory and service aspects of the role.
Skills & Experience required
- CA or CPA qualified with a minimum of 5-7 years proven experience in a similar role in a large dynamic organisation;
- Exceptional working knowledge of accounting standards, best practice, continuous improvement and the effective utilisation of ERP systems;
- Superior leadership skills including the ability to effectively manage and lead your team to meet tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in particular your strengths lie in negotiation, relationship management, coaching and mentoring;
- Strong critical thinking, financial analysis and problem solving skills including the ability to reengineer and recommend financial policies and procedures.
Highly rewarding and competitive salary package with a raft of benefits on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 20th of August 2019.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE