- Opportunity for a highly experienced EA to join a top QLD council
- Very busy, varied role working directly with the Executive Team
- Supportive and encouraging environment and excellent remuneration on offer
About the Company
Cook Shire Council is one of the largest employers in Cape York and is based in the beautiful city of Cooktown. Employment with Council offers stability and security, combined with the balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region. The Cook Shire is a growing region and the perfect place to be now and into the future. They are the largest land area shire in Queensland, occupying 80 per cent of the Cape York Peninsula and feature a pristine coastline, culturally diverse community, friendly locals and huge potential for growth.
About the Role
As Executive Assistant, you will be joining a supportive but busy team who take pride in their work and show dedication to their job on a daily basis. You will report directly into the Director of Infrastructure, providing exceptional and accurate support. You will be able to multi-task, shift at a moment’s notice and manage a complex range of activities whilst working in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
You will work closely with the Executive Team ensuring required paperwork, research and reporting is completed on time. To be successful in this role, you will have exceptional intellectual capability and resourcefulness, along with excellent communication skills.
- Diary and email management including coordination of high-level correspondence and documentation, the arrangement of meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for the Director Infrastructure;
- Prepare the smooth running of executive meetings, produce reports, presentations, and meeting agendas in a timely and accurate manner;
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, minutes, presentations and reports as required, ensuring accuracy and efficiency to assist in the delivery of information;
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Director Infrastructure in preparation for signature;
- Screen and redirect as appropriate telephone calls and inquiries to the Director Infrastructure. Provide customer service, counter enquiries and public assistance;
- Undertake special projects and research;
- Develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships as required;
- Coordinate and communicate business initiatives, issues and general correspondence to the team;
- General administrative ad-hoc duties.
Skills & Experience required
- Must have excellent technical and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment;
- Min 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or high level administration role;
- Solutions orientated and the ability to work autonomously and proactively while maintaining a high level of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy;
- High-level organisational skills with demonstrated strengths in driving outcomes and solutions;
- Significant experience developing quality high-level documentation and reporting;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office inside and out;
- Experience successfully working within a high-pressure, high-demand environment; and
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with a diverse range of people across all levels of the business.
This is a highly respected and trusted member of the team, a strong EA background working at a senior level. You must possess great attention to detail and a highly organised approach. This is a down to earth Council looking for an executive assistant to contribute positively to the workplace culture, having a good sense of humour will see you thoroughly enjoying this role and your team mates.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation that will provide you with the potential to thrive in a successful environment where you can enhance your knowledge and skill set to support your career long term. A background within a Government business enterprise will be advantageous.
This Council operates under a Certified Agreement with a number of advantages for employees including 5 weeks annual leave, 15 days sick/carers leave and 5 days bereavement leave. Paying 24% above the award a competitive salary is provided and remote living allowance is also applicable. Salary Packaging is available for remote benefits including relocation costs, rent allowance, or home loan interest. A full list of salary packaging inclusion can be provided on application.
The right candidate will enjoy an active lifestyle, love of the great outdoors, boating camping and fishing, arts and culture or just the peace and quiet of remote living. You must be comfortable living in a remote area and see the benefits this lifestyle can provide you. If you are looking to make a sea change, we strongly encourage you to investigate and visit the region prior to applying to ensure this is the right move for you. This Council wants to employ people who will make Cooktown their permanent home. We love it and we hope you will too!
How to apply
Via the link below including a cover letter and a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 5th February 2021
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE