About the Company
Located in North Queensland, our client is a globally recognised organisation that supports the operation of logistics, resources and energy infrastructure.
About the Role
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, you will be responsible for enforcing and implementing all environmental management standards for the mine site during construction and into operations. You are required to give specialised and accurate environmental advice, create a culture of environmental awareness, accountability, vigilance and leadership across the site and to minimise or eliminate negative impacts of construction or operational activities on the environment in line with legislation and policies.
- Monitor and enforce an environmental management system ensuring that environmental compliance is maintained on site;
- Ensure that procedures and plans are in place and implemented;
- Liaise with regulatory agencies;
- Coordinate, attend and prepare for internal and external audits;
- Research, communicate and implement innovations for best practice;
- Work effectively with the teams ensuring that activities and expenses are approved and within budget;
- Manage the activities of consultants and subcontractors as required ensuring they are in line with Environmental Safety Standards;
- Assist in incident investigations;
- Contribute to in-house environmental training, development and continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of environmental statutory requirements in relation to project planning and delivery;
- Experience in working with ISO14001;
- Experience in environmental management techniques, systems and tools;
- Proven ability to motivate and manage staff;
- Advanced negotiation, oral and written communication and influencing skills.
This position works on an 8/6 roster and is located on site in Central Queensland. The role provides an attractive salary for the successful applicant.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE