About the Company
Forget that tedious commute, and welcome the idea of waking up every day at a different port. Be a part of something unique and join one of the largest and most prestigious cruise lines in the world. Voted the Best Cruise Operator at the 2017 National Travel Industry Awards, Royal Caribbean International travels to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world, in the most innovative world class cruise ships.
About the Role
Royal Caribbean International are seeking someone passionate about delivering excellent customer service as a key member of the ships medical department. Reporting to the Senior Doctor, your primary responsibility is the care of its guests and crew members for minor to major emergency situations as well as general medical care, preventative medicine, and care of chronic conditions. This unique and rare opportunity will see you responding to a wide variety of medical conditions, along with unexpected situations that may be outside your experience.
- Assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies;
- Look after the health, medical care, preventative medicine and care of chronic conditions while reporting necessary cases to health authorities of various ports of call;
- Oversee the administration and safekeeping of all medications and drugs in accordance with regulations and company policy;
- Serves as advisor to the Master and Staff Capitan on all matters related to Medical Centre services, guest, and crewmember health matters and hygienic conditions onboard the vessel;
- Be present during clinic hours when on duty or as required by the demands of the clinic.
Skills & Experience required
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University;
- Maintain an active, current medical license;
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting;
- At least one-year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support;
- At least one-year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures;
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English and fluent in Mandarin.
Few medical positions offer the variety and travel opportunities this position offers. As well as an excellent salary, this new and rewarding adventure will see you building lifelong relationships as you travel the world.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com. Be aware that you will be required to undergo a police check and full medical before commencing.