Work with a team of professionals providing expert contractual and commercial advice to the business.
- Opportunity for an experienced Contract Professional
- Large, Cairns based employer of choice
- Excellent remuneration on offer
About the Company
Our client is a Cairns-based organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of public services across a wide region. Due to an internal promotion, they have an opening for an experienced Procurement/Contract professional to join their team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for the effective management of the tenders and contracts area, providing expert advice, support and accountability.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a strong background in contract management, procurement and project management. You will have excellent negotiation skills and be an exceptional communicator.
- Providing end to end delivery of the tender or procurement process;
- Providing procurement, contract, contract management and tendering advice to stakeholders across the business;
- Provide sound and practical procurement and contract management advice;
- Be part of the negotiations team, strategic sourcing, category and contract management;
- Analysis of procurement market trends and benchmarking;
- Preparing and drafting quality procurement documentation and contracts;
- Managing of complex, high value contracts;
- Relationship management with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
Skills & Experience required
- A tertiary qualification (or related discipline) or relevant experience in a procurement and contract/legal environment;
- Advanced contract negotiating skills and understanding of onerous contract provisions;
- Knowledge of bespoke Australian Standards contracts and claims management experience;
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to guide and direct both internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge and experience in Local Government is an advantage.
Work with a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes. Flexible working hours, work/life balance and an excellent remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please send your application to email@example.com Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE