About the Company
Based in Cairns, our client is a Not for Profit organisation supporting a range of community activities and services right across Far North Queensland.
About the Role
As Communications Manager, your experience will see the successful leadership, development, implementation and reporting of our client’s communications department. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract providing an excellent opportunity for you to gain experience in a challenging and rewarding senior role based in Cairns.
- Develop, implement and lead organisational communications strategies, policies and campaigns;
- Develop communication critical networks and tools to successfully support internal and external information;
- Establish and maintain effective networks and working relationships with media representatives;
- Provide leadership across corporate branding including the development of style guide and quality controls;
- Support the organisations wider public relations and marketing goals;
- Manage all aspects of corporate documentation, publication material and website.
- Support and contribute to leadership and team plans coordinating public relations, events and promotions maintaining strategic brand and reputation.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism;
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proven high-level experience within communications and public relations;
- In-depth knowledge and experience supporting media relations with a successful track record securing media coverage;
- Excellent media writing skills and experience including development of media releases features and promotions;
- Demonstrated knowledge of communication technologies and advanced computer skills across MS Suite, graphical software, desktop publishing and web content management programs;
- Professional and polished interpersonal and customer service skills that result in the ability to build and maintain key relationships across diverse groups.
An attractive salary package and excellent additional benefits are on offer for the right candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE