About the Company
Our client is a large forward thinking, progressive and inclusive organisation actively leading and delivering a diverse range of critical public services across a wide region.
About the Role
This role is based in the Cairns region and sees you contributing to the effective and efficient operations of key infrastructure by delivering professional engineering support and advice across a variety of civil construction projects.
- Provide professional engineering advice and support to both internal and external stakeholders with a focus on road transportation and drainage infrastructure;
- Assist with project management, estimates, scheduling, grants, organisational strategies and plans;
- Work with the Project Manager to support resources management, time management and project performance;
- Manage and maintain various stakeholder relationships and expectations;
- Review strategies to ensure alignment between infrastructure commitments and future capital works planning;
- Develop plans and schedules identifying project risks and issues ensuring appropriate controls are in place and maintained.
Skills & Experience required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and RPEQ accreditation;
- Broad experience in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and drainage infrastructure;
- Sound project management, interpersonal, analytical and problems solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in asset management planning and the development of forward capital works programme;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of project budgets, estimates and project scheduling;
- Demonstrated ability to provide Civil Engineering advice and expertise in a range of construction and maintenance fields;
- You will demonstrate initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision and have exceptional time management skills with the capacity to work within timeframes and budgets.
This role offers career progression as well as excellent salary package benefits for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE