Elite Executive Recruitment & Search has been exclusively retained to identify a Chief Financial Officer for PNG Air based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Our client operates a large fleet of aircraft that service a multitude of flights across a large location both domestic and internationally. They have gone through some fundamental changes in the past five years with owners who are committed to success including the addition of a number of new aircraft to their already impressive fleet.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with a dynamic CEO in a business undergoing rapid change. You will be instrumental in executing the Boards strategic business plan, imparting your vision and leadership to the executive team and being a true business partner, ‘right hand’, to the CEO.
With a stable finance team already in place, the business has identified the need for an energetic, hands-on CFO with extensive turnaround experience to guide the executive team in producing short and long-term improvements, both operational and finance specific.
The CFO is one of the most pivotal members of the team, helping not only the CEO but functional leaders as the company embarks in an exciting next stage in its business journey.
- Support the day to day management and leadership of the Finance Division;
- Recognise safety as a core value in all decision making in the company;
- Provide general supervision and management of the day-to-day financial, tax and accounting affairs of the Company consistent with the CEO and Board of Directors;
- Be financially savvy, practical and decisive – you are accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company;
- Provide the CEO and the board with financial data and information that will ensure planning and budgeting activities meet the company’s goals;
- Partnering with the wider business, you will drive projects through collaboration and leadership.
Skills & Experience required
- Degree qualified Accountant (CA or CPA);
- Strong accounting background with at least 10-15 years’ experience;
- Industry experience in Aviation will be highly regarded;
- Demonstrated hands-on capabilities of team mentorship and partnership with other departments;
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills – including the ability to influence and motivate;
- Strong strategic thinking capability and analytical ability, including an understanding of the key business drivers impacting on financial performance. These skills must be coupled with the knowledge to effectively lead – and support others to lead – through cultural and/or business change;
- Proven project and stakeholder management skills, with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective networks and professional working relationships with internal and external groups and stakeholders at all levels across the business.
This role will suit an inspirational and creative finance leader with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the capacity to negotiate, resolve conflict and positively influence and motivate others. You will be highly energetic and resilient, a strong communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels.
This role is Monday to Friday position, it is based internationally and both residential and FIFO options are available. Accommodation, living expenses and flights will be included. An impressive remuneration package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
How to apply
Via Seek including a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered. Suitable candidates will be sent an application package with further information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE