This is a unique opportunity where you will play an influential role in the creation of the organisational vision, purpose and direction.
- 4 Year Contract Position
- Based in regional North Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package
About the Company
Cairns Regional Council was established under the Local Government Act 2009. The elected Council consists of the Mayor and nine Councillors who each represent a division. There is approximately 1250 staff and an annual budget of approx. $300 million. There are five main departments, each headed by a General Manager. Each reports directly to the CEO.
About the Role
The Chief Executive will take leadership of an experienced, motivated and well-structured organisation and deliver upon the vision for the region.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a diverse, professional group through transformation with demonstrated ability to act and lead as an effective change agent, positively influencing outcomes and delivering benefits across the organisation;
- Strong strategic financial management abilities with demonstrated experience leading and championing a sustainable approach to financial management, ensuring that public resources are effectively managed to enable the delivery of Council’s priorities and strategic plans;
- The ability to create a strategic direction ensuring alignment with organisational requirements;
- Demonstrated experience in driving a culture of accountability and performance;
- The ability to effectively communicate strategies to ensure a sense of purpose and line of sight;
- The ability to create a structure that enables the efficient delivery of strategic priorities and services, enabling an environment of agility, customer centricity, positivity and resilience to change;
- Experience guiding, mentoring and developing people to build organisational capability and growth;
- Proven experience as an effective member of an Executive Team of a large, complex organisation.
Based in beautiful North Queensland, you will have the opportunity to work with a professional and influential Council whilst valuing the unique environment. An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. For confidential discussions, please call Eva Grabner, Managing Director | Lead Recruiter at 0409 59 11 88
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Wednesday, 16th December 2020
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE