About the Company
Our client is a progressive airline that operates a large fleet of aircraft that service a multitude of flights across a large regional location both nationally and internationally. They have gone through some fundamental changes in the past five years with owners who are committed to success including the addition of a number of new aircraft to their already impressive fleet.
Due to an internal promotion, they are currently seeking a Chief Commercial Officer to join their dynamic team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will lead from the front in managing the Regular Passenger Transport (RPT) and Charter functions of the airline. You will succeed in this position by driving a multitude of successful external and internal relationships that expand and deliver new opportunities for the airline. This role requires someone hands on who has the ability to go over and above in supporting existing clients, as well as the nous to identify upcoming opportunities and establish strategic relationships with the future in mind.
- Support the day to day management of the Commercial Division;
- Coordinate with the Airport Operations and Flight Operations Divisions when implementing an efficient and operationally possible schedule;
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Corporate Clients and Contract Charterers, Travel Agents and other distribution service providers;
- Develop and maintain the divisions financial budget;
- Initiate and lead change management and risk assessment processes as required in response to issues arising in the division;
- Lead a positive safety culture in the department, and by personal example, demonstrating a commitment to the safety management system;
- Keep abreast of industry and competitor developments and maximise potential for new business opportunities.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated strong management skills and the ability to promote a proactive, effective, efficient and change-ready organisation;
- At least 5 years in a similar Senior Management/Commercial role in the Aviation industry;
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills – including the ability to influence and motivate;
- Strong strategic thinking capability and analytical ability, including an understanding of the key business drivers impacting on financial performance. These skills must be coupled with the knowledge to effectively lead – and support others to lead – through cultural and/or business change;
- Proven project and stakeholder management skills, with demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective networks and professional working relationships with internal and external groups and stakeholders at all levels across all business areas;
- International experience will be highly desirable.
If you are a strong leader with exceptional negotiation and people skills who really wants to make a real difference, then this role is for you!
This role is Monday to Friday position, it is based internationally and both residential and FIFO options are available. Accommodation, living expenses and flights will be included. An excellent remuneration package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your resume via www.seek.com.au/Elite-Executive-jobs. Suitable candidates will be sent an application package with further information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Friday, February 1st 2019
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.