- Part Time Position
- Cairns CBD Location
- Great Supportive Team Culture
About the Role
This is a strategic position and is focused on supporting regional priorities including policy alignment and funding.
Working closely with the CEO you will develop papers to support policy positions as well as making recommendations to the CEO and Board on the viability of progressing initiatives.
- Gathering, validating and documenting data and information relevant to various regional initiatives, projects or policy issues.
- Recommends responses to project/initiative ideas and concepts based on analysis.
- Develops submissions to public consultations, and public forums.
- Maintain a database of funding sources/rounds relevant to the projects in various stages of implementation.
- Develop submissions for grant/tender rounds applicable to Corporate Plan initiatives.
- Support regional stakeholders in the development of grant submissions.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key partners and stakeholders to support positioning of regional priorities.
Skills & Experience required
- Undergraduate qualification in Business, Economics or related field.
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in project or business analysis including research, data interrogation and solution design.
- High level expertise in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of policies (State and Federal).
- Experience in developing grant and tender submissions with a proven track record in obtaining funding because of the submissions.
- Experience in developing policy positioning papers.
- High level verbal communications skills across varying levels of government and community, to achieve specific objectives.
- Ability to communicate ideas in writing related to complex or controversial issues.
- A high level of initiative and positive attitude in problem solving.
Part time role approx 3 days a week-great work life balance.
Centrally located in CBD of Cairns. Small close knit professional team who love to have fun.
If you feel this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply via the link below. Please include a cover letter along with a recent copy of your resume.
Alternatively, should you wish to speak with a professional consultant about your career, please contact us on 07 4088 1571 for a confidential discussion
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 22nd October 2021
We reserve the right to close this job earlier
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE