- Cairns Based Opportunity
- Growth Potential
- Fantastic and Supportive Culture
Elite Executive are currently searching for an experienced Broker Assistant for our client who are based in Cairns to assist the Account Managers to manage and service an existing portfolio of clients by providing professional financial services (in general insurance) to identify and fulfill client needs and objectives thereby maintaining
client satisfaction and retention levels.
About the Company
Our client has a progressive and innovative approach towards their client’s needs through their exceptional service and expertise. This has cemented their position as one of the most successful Queensland insurance broking and financial planning firms.
About the Role
You will assist the Account Managers to contribute to new business growth objectives and ensure that the provision of general insurance financial services to clients comply with the Code of Practice, FSR Act, relevant statutory and industry requirements and codes.
You will provide necessary claims assistance and service to ensure the client is satisfied with the handling of the claim.
- Maintain professional relationships with insurers/underwriters for the provision of financial services to clients.
- Process new business, cancellations, renewals & endorsements in a timely, accurate & efficient manner as per company procedures.
- Provide Backup and support to the Receptionist and other Broker Assistants if, and when required.
- Assist the Account Manager/Authorised Representative in the development of a portfolio of business and the implementation of sales plans.
- Manage a small number of (orphaned) domestic clients where required.
- Follow up referrals where required, and promote related products/services of benefit to client.
- Undertake general broking support tasks, including gathering underwriting info from clients, preparing quotation requests for u/w, preparing client submissions, and organising proposal forms.
- Collection of premium within limits specified in RIB Broking Manual, and organising premium funding when required.
Skills & Experience required
- Tier 1 or Tier 2 qualifications, or be willing to obtain Certificate III in Financial Services.
- Computer Literacy.
- Knowledge of a diverse range of personal and commercial insurance products.
- Experience with processing new business, cancellations, renewals & endorsements in a timely, accurate & efficient manner.
- Prior experience with general broking support tasks, including gathering underwriting info from clients, preparing
quotation requests for u/w, preparing client submissions, and organising proposal forms.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Our client has an excellent culture, where they value their staff, ensuring that they are successful in their roles. There is huge growth potential within this business with an opportunity for you to grow within this role.
They offer a competitive salary, along with flexible working hours, an extra leave day over Xmas, Industry training, and the opportunity to grow with the business.
How to Apply
Via the link below including a recent copy of your resume. Applications that fail to address the outlined criteria may not be considered.
Closing date for applications will be 1700hrs Friday, 22nd October 2021.
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE