Located in North Queensland, our client is a globally recognised organisation that supports the operation of logistics, resources and energy infrastructure.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Mine Operations, you will be an integral member of a dynamic and results driven team. You will provide a professional level of engineering expertise and make strategic contributions to planning and quality control. You will utilise your strong planning background to provide medium and long term mine planning options to ensure the resource is mined in the most effective way.
- Review extraction methodologies for overburden removal and handling, and recommend optimum methodologies;
- Review and optimise the long term mine design and schedule;
- Prepare mine layouts to optimise pit lengths and overburden transport routes;
- Ensure that the medium and long term mine plans are adapted to and amended to optimise safe working conditions;
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual budget, business plans, and life of mine plans.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in open cut mining engineering, including truck shovel dragline and/or bucket wheel excavators;
- Solid background in open cut mine strategic planning and design;
- Proven ability to develop planning strategies, identify, escalate potential risks and mitigating actions;
- Greenfield coal mine development experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of legislation and policies for Australia Coal Operations;
- Experience in mine planning and scheduling tools including SPRY, XPAC and Primavera P6.
This leadership opportunity offers a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for the successful applicant, with an attractive salary package included.
How to apply
Email a recent copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your skills as they pertain to the requirements listed to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 2nd August
Please note that all communication with Elite Executive is maintained strictly confidential. No information will be forwarded to any party without your permission as we respect your right to explore employment opportunities.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE